Japan Visa Requirements for Filipinos 2023

We got our Japan Tourist Visa through Universal Holidays Incorporated. If you are in the Philippines, your only option in applying for a visa is via an accredited travel agency. You may visit Japan Embassy website for other accredited agency. 

So here are are the Visa Requirements that you need to submit in an accredited travel agency:

  1. Philippine Passport - Broken passport is not accepted. Passports must be signed and must have at least two (2) blank visa pages.
  2. Visa Application Form (Click here to Download)
  3. Photo (Specs: 4.5cm x 3.5cm, with white background, Photo must be taken within 6 months, Please write the applicant’s name and birthdate on the back side of the photo and Photo must be pasted on the application form)
  4. Birth Certificate (Click here to For the Details)
  5. Marriage Certificate (if the applicant is married)
  6. Daily Schedule in Japan (Click here for the template)
  7. Authorization letter from the applicant – File application and Claim passport
  8. Personal Bank Certificate (If you will shoulder the expenses) - Validity of Bank Certificate is three (3) months from the date of issue
  9. Applicant’s Income Tax Return (Form 2316 or Form 1701) clear Photocopy (latest)
  10. COE with Compensation - Not an official requirement but we submitted our just to prove our monthly fix income
  11. Letter of Intent - I have a friend who do not have ITR and COE because they are working as freelance. What they have is bank certificate with sufficient funding. They submitted a letter of intent and they were approved for a single entry visa.
If you intend to apply for a multiple entry tourist visa, you may submit another form that indicates your desire to apply for it. Click here to download Multiple Entry Tourist Visa Form.

How Much is the Visa Application?
Single Entry Visa cost Php1,200.00 per applicant while multiple entry visa request cost Php1,500.00 per applicant. 

We were granted Multiple Entry Visa that is valid for 10 years although its was our first time to travel to Japan. If you have sufficient funding and fix income, I would suggest to apply for a multiple entry visa. I have read so many accounts that if you do not qualify for a multiple entry visa they will downgrade your visa into a single entry visa. It was worth the try since the difference of single and multiple entry visa is just Php300. And if you are granted the multiple entry visa, it would save you the hassle of applying again if you want to go back to Japan.

Is there a Show Money?
This is the usual questions of us Filipinos whenever we travel abroad. At least in Japan Visa Application, you are required to submit a Bank Certificate that shows how much money you have in your bank. 

Bank Certificate shows the current amount but it does not show the movement of your money (that is Bank Statement). So, is there an amount required to be granted a visa? I have not read an official statement from the Japanese Embassy as to how much you should have in the bank. But rationale would tell us that as long as your money in the bank/s can cover your travel expenses, I guess you are good. Some says that your daily allotment per person is Php10,000. So if you are staying in Japan for 5 days, you should have "at least" Php50,000 per person. In our case, we made sure we doubled that (We were granted 10 years multiple entry visa :) )   

This is not a sponsored post from Universal Holiday Incorporated, although I love their service, here's their details.

Universal Holidays Inc.
Outer Ground Floor, Dusit Thani Hotel Manila
Palm Drive, Ayala Center Makati
Email:  reina.takahashi@universalholidays.com
Website: www.universalholidays.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/UniversalHolidaysInc
(Monday to Friday - 09:00am to 04:00pm)

Popular posts from this blog

NUEVA ECIJA | Central Luzon State University and the Philippine Carabao Center

Japan Budget and Itinerary for 8 Days - Nagoya, Osaka, Nara, Kyoto and Kobe